Car sharing is becoming a popular trend that is now widely being utilized by a lot of people for commutation. Now many companies are introducing car sharing programs for their employees to make their journey more comfortable and easy. Therefore, the employees will not have to rely on their own vehicles or public transportation facilities for reaching to and from the office, which made the commutation easy for them.
This facility is even being utilized by corporate companies, which became popular by the name corporate car sharing. Through this article, we list some of the important advantages of such car sharing programs for helping you to decide whether it is useful for you.
Corporate Car Sharing
Corporate car sharing can be referred to as having a dedicated fleet of vehicles at the premises of the company for the shared use among the employees. These car sharing programs will help corporate companies for optimizing their fleet management and thereby reducing the fleet-related costs over the long run.
It also offers an attractive mobility solution for their employees. Hence, your employees will be always mobile even if they don’t have a private company car. Also, they won’t have to use public transportation or rental cars for business trips. In this way, the employees will be able to save both money and time.
If you own a company and want to arrange safe, sustainable and efficient facilities for your employees to travel, this can be a great option for you. It can benefit both the company and the employees for generating savings and it will also provide freedom for the employees to choose a car that is suitable for satisfying their specific and general mobility needs.
Advantages Of Corporate Car Sharing For The Company
From the perspective of a company, corporate car sharing programs can:
- Help to reduce the mobility costs and the utilization of extra-fleet vehicles such as taxi, car rentals, etc., so that the vehicles of the company will be always deployed with maximum possible rotation.
- Optimize the need for company parking facilities.
- Save time and resources with the help of advanced vehicle management techniques using customizable rules, detailed and precise analytic information, easy reporting as well as costs center allocation.
- Help in generating new income by assigning these cars to employees while they are off-work or by sharing them with some other parties such as car hirers.
- Represent the dedication of the company in promoting sustainable and environmental-friendly travel solutions, which can be helpful for increasing the reputation of the company.
- Help in the innovation of new travel solutions and also promote the brand awareness.
- Show the social responsibility of the company and provide awareness to both employees and customers
- Decrease car renting burdens along with increasing talent recruitment and also retention rates
Benefit For The Employees
- Can help in saving money and time
- Easy and efficient way of traveling
- Won’t have to rely on private or public transportation
- An additional chance of using the vehicles for private use
Corporate car sharing can be beneficial for both the company and the employees. It would benefit the company in the long run for saving costs that the company will have to incur in arranging transportation facilities for the employees. It can also generate income by assigning cars to the employees for their private use after the working hours or on holidays. Also, they can share the car with other private firms for private use or professional use.
In addition to the benefits available to the company and employees, car sharing also provides a lot of other benefits for the environment and society. Hence, this facility is now utilized by a lot of people who are intended to protect the environment.
The following are some of the other benefits provided by the car sharing programs:
- Fewer cars on the road, thereby increasing the road safety
- Less atmospheric pollution
- Save conventional fuels
- The users will have to spend less money on maintenance
- Less requirement for parking infrastructurewhich can enable the use of these spaces for the construction of other buildings
- Less destruction of green spaces as parking needs are less
Car sharing can provide a wide range of direct and indirect advantages for the environment and society. It can cut down fuel expenses and the use of conventional fuels. This can indirectly reduce the need for mining, thereby adding to the environmental protection. It can also reduce the number of vehicles on the road, which can be a great advantage when coming to road safety, as fewer vehicles mean less risk for accidents.
Therefore, by adopting corporate car sharing, a company can get a lot of benefits and provide different advantages for its employees too. In addition to this, they can become a role model for other companies too by spreading the message of the importance of environmental protection. This is a great way for them to increase their reputation among their clients and the public.